Sign in to follow this  
Tyger

Raids via Fractals

Posted (edited)

UCLG Raids via Fractals Event 28 (2020-07-24)

With a mixed group of seven participants we had to take turns this time.. So Rijoo, Dimat, Whit and me took Rode Veer for the recommended fractals for tier 1 (Undergroud Facility) and tier 2 (Urban Battlegrounds), before Georgo (who was late as usual) took over for Rode Veer for the recommended fractal for tier 3 (Siren's Reef). After that, Dimat switched into the captain's chair and watched the rest of us, lead by Eresch, vanquishing the tier 4 dailies (Aquatic Ruins, Snowblind and Thaumanova Reactor). Then we concluded the evening with exploring alternate paths to the jumping puzzle chest in the Mistlock Observatory with reduced gravity.

In the picture, taken just after the exit back to Lion's Arch with the Aerodrome in the background, you can see (from left to right) Georgo, me, Dimat (for once with her whole face showing), Rijoo (for once a very tiny asura), Eresch (for once lending Dimat an ear, as First Mate Horrik, after he had unleashed the canons) and Whit.

zx816Jp.jpg

Edited by Tyger
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Intermediate Event Evaluation 2020-07-28

After running this event for about half a year now I am happy to see how many of us are now playing tier 4 fractals as if they never did anything else before. Many people in the guild now have ascended gear of the appropriate stats, 150+ agony resistance and know how to perform as a team.

I definitely think we can be proud of that. And maybe restart training for raids soonishly.

The fractal event on Thursday will go on though, with the stress even more on getting new people into fractals at all and into proper gear or on higher tiers than they are currently playing. Of course, everyone who is already at the top of fractals is very welcome to join the event and maybe lead groups of new comerades into fractals or into higher tiers.

k8bYpec.jpg

Edited by Tyger

UCLG Raids via Fractals Event 29 (2020-07-30)

This week's fractal event was dominated by the strife for getting the second collection for Ad Infinitum done. The picture below shows Rijoo (left, sitting on the table), Dimat (with her new ascended greatsword Caladbolg Orchida), me, the empress AJBlack (as the Ice Queen, in a state of exaltation), Georgo (with his loyal greatsword Dark Harvest), Kinzx (with his old legendary greatsword Eternity) and Aethelwyna (with his new legendary greatsword Exordium).

Dm1FheC.jpg

So we set out in two groups..

The one group, with Rijoo, Georgo, Dimat, St Acacia (Whit) and me, ran into some kind of trouble in the Snowblind challenge mote while fighting the final boss and it wasn't before we adjusted our settings and tactics that we finally succeeded. Thaumanova Reactor time-trial and the challenge mote in Uncategorized went smooth though, as well as the other tasks for the Ad Infinitum II collection. After that, we stormed the recs for some missing fractal pages for Dimat and Georgo. For a finale, we had Eresch take over for Dimat and we tested our mettle in the Nightmare scale 99 challenge mote. We managed to kill the first boss and fight our way into the first dps race phase of the second, but that was the best we could do. For now.

The other group, led by the empress AJBlack, with Aethelwyna and Kinzx completing a triple Guardian squad, picked up two PUGs, lost them again and then threemanned most of the challenge motes for Uncategorized and Snowblind as well as the time trial in the Thaumanova Reactor fractal. After completing the remaining tasks for the collection, they went for the dailies on tier 4 and won them valiantly.

In the picture you can see the triple Guardian team, with (from left to right) Aethelwyna, the empress AJBlack as the Ice Queen and Kinzx:

VfY0BPd.jpg

Edited by Tyger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You should mention Gerrinde, too. I took the 'Search and Rescue' Trait, so my pets joins me healing a downed player. She won't res defeated ones, but won't stop healing if someone dies during her work. So sometime she just gets along and someone up again. 😇

• Thanks 1

And maybe restart training for raids soonishly.

I think everyone would be interested in more concrete details (if available). However, please keep in mind that a far higher level of play is required from everyone for raids and no "we can carry person X through" is applicable. Atleast this is my perception (unless they dumped down the difficulty of raids) - happy to have a chat about current plans and everything around it. 😀